Thursday, June 21, 2012

Definition of Seesaw (n)

Here it is 1:05am, and I look to define my blog.  Oh the irony(as you will see with my definition).  So according to the Merriam Webster definition, a see saw is "an alternative up-and-down or backward-and-forward motion or movement; also : a contest or struggle in which now one side now the other has the lead."  I don't know about you, but when I was little and spent time at the park, about 75% of my time was spent on the seesaw or teeter totter, trying to balance it(with friends or by myself).  The other 25% was seeing if I could touch the leaves of the tree while swinging(but that is besides the point).  So, as hard as it may sound, get into my warped mind for a short bit and try to understand my mind map(Thank you Dr. J.). 

As you can already tell, I like parenthesis(because they balance my thoughts and sentence).  I also like to sort all of my Skittles out into pairs of the same color.  One for each side of my mouth.  I also sleep in the middle of the bed(so I don't fall off).

However, I often don't match my socks.  My chip to salsa ratio is 10:1.  Plus, I stay up until 1:30am because I can't sleep and then regret it when my alarm sounds in the morning.

So there are some aspects of my life that I search to find the perfect balance.  However, there are sometimes when I just want to be the one that jumps off of the seesaw quickly, laughing at the other(all meaning well of course).  Then there are times when I feel like just the opposite had happened and I am the one walking off with the bruised hiney. 

Now, to define my blog, I find it hard to find the balance of my definition as well.  So maybe those philosophy classes in school payed off.  The defintion of this blog is that there is no definition.  For to define would mean concrete.  Well what would be the fun in that?

Maybe guidelines of my blog would be the best way.  Here we go:

1.  I will post once a week(atleast).
2.  By the end of each week I will have a balanced seesaw.

Short and sweet, eh?  So, to those reading this, I want you to know that anything I post on upcoming blogs, I mean no harm.  I may bash the mushy facebook relationships, or I may post argument about something you disagree with, but know that I really am just doing this for fun, relaxation, and balance(duh!).  Now that all sounds negative...okkkkk....so I want you to know that I am going to also be posting funny pictures, inspirational quotes, and loving this life that God has so graciously given me.  Completely serious.

Because it is Thursday and I wrote one paragraph explaining how I am balanced and one paragraph explaining how I am not, the seesaw is balanced.  Phew!



Thought for next post:  Why are healthy foods the most expensive?

No comments:

Post a Comment